The Journals Committee provides strategic oversight of the College's scientific journals. Responsible directly to the Membership Engagement Committee, the Committee provides advice on publishing arrangements and policies, and develops initiatives to promote and support the ongoing presence of journals across the College.
Journals Committee Regulations [PDF; 75 KB]
Committee Chair and Committee Contact Information
The current Chair of the Committee is Professor Stephen Kisley.
Contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Committee key responsibilities include:
- Developing policy in relation to the College’s journals.
- Monitoring commercial publishing arrangements for the College’s journals.
- Providing advice to and supporting Editors of the College journals across a range of areas, including in relation to publishing criteria and College policy.
- Reviewing the progress and performance of the journals including through the review of regular reports from the publisher.
- Working with Editors and editorial committees to focus on strategic development of the College journals, as well as new initiatives.
- Undertaking such other activities in relation to College publications as directed by the Board.
The Committee typically meet twice per calendar year:
- One (1) face-to-face meeting of one hour in duration.
- Up to two (2) videoconference meetings of one hour in duration per meeting.
A committee member will also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.