Members' Advisory Council
The Members' Advisory Council (MAC) provides the Board with information and advice, and acts as a forum for College members.
The MAC is made up of RANZCP members serving on other committees, thereby representing a wide range of College functions. There is also a community representative on the MAC. The President-Elect chairs the MAC, and Board members attend MAC meetings.
Members' Advisory Council Regulations [PDF; 147 KB]
The Chair of the MAC is Dr Elizabeth Moore. Contact the MAC at email@example.com.
The Members’ Advisory Council is responsible for –
a) Providing advice to the Board on a variety of issues, including but not limited to:
- the strategic direction of the College and assisting with the annual review of the College’s Strategic Plan
- proposed amendments to Regulations and the Constitution
- other matters referred from the Board
- issues and needs within mental health that impact on the delivery of mental health in the community and the activities of the College.
b) Providing a written report to the Board on:
- the activities of the MAC
- items of potential strategic or policy implication for the College
- risks associated with mental health at a representative or jurisdictional level.
c) Providing a forum for the College membership to:
- engage with the Board
- provide advice, input and feedback to the Board
- raise issues for discussion.
d) Acting as a resource for the Board.