Case History Subcommittee
The Case History Subcommittee administers the Psychotherapy Written Case assessment for all psychiatrists in Australia and New Zealand. It determines the standard of the assessment submissions.
The subcommittee relies on its members’ valuable contribution to uphold the expected standard in the Psychotherapy Written Case submission.
Responsibilities of the subcommittee
Members’ key responsibilities include:
- Mark case histories. Members are expected to mark cases on a regular basis as determined by the Chair, Case History Subcommittee (usually four times a year).
- Meet strict deadlines in the marking of case histories.
- Contribute to evaluating the reliability and validity of the marking process.
- Provide feedback on the examination process and overall candidate performance to assist the Committee for Examinations in writing the examination report following each examination.
- Attend meetings and teleconferences of the subcommittee, as and when required.
- Attend and participate in standard setting and calibration exercises for written and clinical examinations, as required by the Committee for Examinations.
- Any other examination related responsibility as specified by the Chair, Case History Subcommittee or Chair, Committee for Examinations.
Case History Subcommittee contact details
Chair Dr Andrew Petherbridge
Deputy Chair Dr Michael Daubney
Subcommittee member commitment required
Term of office:
Members’ term of office is for 2 x 3 year terms.
The Case History Subcommittee meets bi-annually for 1 day, usually in the months of March and November. Videoconference meetings may be scheduled as and when required and the duration of these meetings (should they occur) will vary.
Case History Subcommittee Regulations [PDF; 78 KB]
Note: The regulations are currently under review. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.