Section Subcommittees may exist in an Australian State or Territory and within New Zealand, to support the local work of State/Territory/New Zealand Faculty/Section members, if required.
Faculty and Section Subcommittees Regulations [PDF; 121 KB]
Further information about each individual Section can be found on the Sections webpage.
Key Responsibilities of Section Subcommittees
- In consultation with the relevant Bi-national Section Committee, implement the relevant responsibilities of the Bi-national Committee at a local level as required.
- Develop, coordinate and promote local activities, including but not limited to, meetings, events for CPD, networking events, or local policy work as required for members in that jurisdiction.
- Respond to any queries and/or provide advice when requested from the RANZCP Board or other College committees relevant to the Subcommittee’s area of psychiatric specialty.
- Raise requests received directly from external stakeholders to the Bi-national Section Committee.
- Communicate with the local College Branch or New Zealand National Office in terms of promoting the Section Subcommittee’s activities in local communiques.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Bi-national Section Committee, and the appropriate Branch Committee or New Zealand National Committee, on other College matters relevant to that Subcommittee.
Subcommittee Member Commitment Required
Section Subcommittee meetings are typically held as a mixture of face-to-face and virtual meetings. The duration of Section Subcommittee meetings may be different, depending on the meeting agenda.
The Chair of the Section Subcommittee, elected/reappointed by members of the Section Subcommittee, becomes the Jurisdictional Member of the Bi-national Section Committee.
The Chair is responsible for ensuring that all local activities have the appropriate Bi-national Section Committee approval and that the State/Territory Branch or New Zealand National Committee are informed of activities.
Current Subcommittee Chair and Contact Information
New South Wales Jurisdiction
|Section of Perinatal and Infant Psychiatry Subcommittee||Dr Sylvia Lim-Gibson|
|Section of Youth Mental Health Subcommittee||Dr Gary Galambos|
New Zealand Jurisdiction
|Section of Child and Adolescent Forensic Psychiatry Subcommittee||Dr James Gardiner|
|Section of Electroconvulsive Therapy and Neurostimulation Subcommittee||Dr Tibor Csizmadia|
|Section of Psychiatry of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee||Dr David Bathgate|
|Section of Neuropsychiatry Subcommittee||Prof Harry McConnell|
|Section of Perinatal and Infant Psychiatry Subcommittee||Dr Susan Roberts|
|Section of Psychiatry of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee||Dr Catherine Franklin|
|Section of Rural Psychiatry Subcommittee||Dr Andrew Amos|
South Australia Jurisdiction
|Section of Electroconvulsive Therapy and Neurostimulation Subcommittee||Dr Anthony Dinesh|
|Section of Neuropsychiatry Subcommittee||Prof Dennis Velakoulis|
|Section of Psychiatry of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Committee||Dr Jennifer Harrison|
Contact a subcommittee via firstname.lastname@example.org.