Membership Engagement Committee
Reporting directly to the RANZCP Board, the Membership Engagement Committee provides a focal point within the RANZCP for considering and recommending policies and systems for effectively engaging with the membership, increasing the value of College membership and ensuring feedback from members is appropriately addressed.
The MEC serves as a conduit between the Board and the wider College membership, providing advice and guidance to the Board that reflects the views of the membership.
Membership Engagement Committee Regulations [PDF; 161 KB]
Committee Chair and Committee Contact Information
The current Chair of the Committee is Dr Mark Lawrence. Contact the committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awards and Recognition Committee
- Journals Committee
- Member Wellbeing Subcommittee.
Committee key responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic oversight of member engagement strategies including reporting, monitoring and reviewing
- Providing strategic advice, direction and leadership broadly across the College on a range of effective member wellbeing services and support mechanisms that are relevant to members across all stages of their careers
- Improving member awareness of College activities and priorities by improving communications to the membership, collaborating with and providing advice to other Committees on specific projects and supporting orientation and new member information
- Maintaining strategic oversight of College events, including scheduling and hosting, policies and guidelines and ensuring events meet members’ needs
- Providing appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of members’ contributions and achievements through member recognition and award programs
- Ensuring College publications, especially journals, deliver value and are relevant to members
- Overseeing a range of operational membership processes.
Committee commitment required:
The Committee typically meet 8 times per calendar year:
- Maximum of 2 face-to-face meetings held in Melbourne (each meeting is approximately 8 hours in duration)
- 6 virtual meetings (each meeting is approximately 2 hours in duration).
A committee member will also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.