Committee for Education Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting (CEEMR)
Responsible directly to the Education Committee, the role of the Committee for Educational Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting (CEEMR) is to facilitate the review of education and training activities through the design, conduct and reporting of evaluations/reviews. The Committee monitors annual reporting requirements across the Education portfolio and broader College, as well as providing assistance and support to other committees who perform their own evaluation, research and or monitoring activities.
Committee for Educational Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting Regulations[PDF; 154 KB]
The current Chair of the CEEMR is Dr Phyllis Chua.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Committee key responsibilities include:
- Promoting and undertaking evaluation activities including reviews and monitoring processes across the Education portfolio.
- Developing and monitoring a program that meets the reporting requirements of the Education Committee, the College, and external stakeholders, ensuring these are met in a timely and accurate manner with due consultation with other relevant committees.
- Monitoring, analysing and developing recommendations based on external data sources including, but not limited to, the annual Medical Training Survey undertaken by the Medical Board of Australia, the Medical Education Training dataset collected by the Australian Department of Health and relevant workforce reports from both Australia and New Zealand.
- Identifying research issues pertinent to the Committee’s purpose and to report that research.
- Using analytics and data to support quality improvement of the education and training programs delivered by the RANZCP.
- Recommending to the Education Committee the establishment of any Subcommittees or Working Groups to undertake specific evaluation, research or monitoring activities. A member of the Committee for Educational Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting must be a member of any such Subcommittee and/or Working Group.
- Conducting and completing an approved work plan/program of evaluation for the College education and training programs under the guidance of the Education Committee and / or the RANZCP Board.
- Undertaking any relevant research programs/projects as directed by the Education Committee.
The CEEMR typically meets 4 times per calendar year:
- 2 face-to-face all day meetings
- 2 online meetings (typically up to 2 hours duration per meeting).
The Committee shall be represented on the Education Committee by the Chair of the Committee for Educational Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting who will be an ex-officio member of the Education Committee.