Member Welfare Committee
The Member Welfare Committee provides oversight and advice in relation to welfare issues and the College’s member support and welfare programs. Responsible directly to the Membership Engagement Committee, the committee promotes the importance of maintaining wellbeing both during training and as a Fellow.
Member Welfare Committee Regulations [PDF; 79 KB]
Note: The Regulations are currently under review. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Chair and Committee Contact Information
The current Chair of the Committee is Dr Prue McEvoy.
Contact the committee at email@example.com.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Committee key responsibilities include:
- Developing member welfare and support programs for trainees, Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs) and Fellows.
- Providing self-care resources for members.
- Developing resources to help manage both individual and systemic welfare-related issues.
- Expanding continuing medical education activities to include education on issues such as lifestyle, mental health, relationships, stress management and personal development.
- Developing support strategies within the College (e.g. mentoring programs).
- Ensuring that online resources and support documentation available to members remains current.
- Promoting welfare and wellbeing activities at all College events.
- Oversight of research into the welfare of members.
The Committee typically meet six (6) times per calendar year:
- Two (2) face-to-face meetings (up to 7.5 hours in duration per meeting)
- Four (4) teleconference meetings (up to 1 hour in duration per meeting).
A committee member will also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.