Templates and ideas for CPD activities
Section 1: Professional Development Plan
Guidance for Professional Development Plans [PDF; 735 KB]
- PDP Template 1 [PDF; 285 KB] | PDP Template 1 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 2 [PDF; 211 KB] | PDP Template 2 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 3 [PDF; 203 KB] | PDP Template 3 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 4 [PDF; 157 KB] | PDP Template 4 [MS Word; 93 KB]
Section 2: Formal Peer Review Activities
- Peer review group registration guidelines [PDF 188 KB]
- Attendance record [PDF; 127 KB] Attendance record [MS Word; 23 KB]
- Meeting as a virtual Peer Review Group [PDF; 192 KB]
(Note that all attendance should be recorded in the MyCPD online system. The paper forms are for your convenience during meetings).
Registered Peer Review Groups enjoy qualified privilege under Australian and New Zealand legislation.
- Obligations on medical practitioners [Medical Board of Australia]
- Continuing professional development registration standard [Medical Board of Australia]
- Information for participants of declared quality assurance activities [Australian Government Department of Health and Aging website]
Aotearoa New Zealand
- Maintain registration [Medical Council of New Zealand website]
- Recertification and professional development [Medical Council of New Zealand website]
- Protected Quality Assurance Activities under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 [NZ Ministry of Health website]
Practice Peer Review
Practice Peer Review is where two psychiatrists have focused meetings reviewing aspects of their individual practice. A trained facilitator provides coaching. Participants earn hours that contribute to CPD requirements.
Related CPD resources that can support PPR discussions
- CanMEDS discussion tool [PDF; 218 KB]
- QI Initiative discussion tool [PDF; 66 KB]
- RAC2 discussion tool [PDF; 122 KB]
- 360 degrees multisource feedback [PDF; 91 KB]
- Clinic audit [PDF; 103 KB]
Section 3: Practice Improvement Activities
- Frequently asked questions about Section 3 activities [PDF; 121 KB]
Workshops for RANZCP CPD
- Interactive Workshops Guideline [PDF; 278 KB]
- Interactive Workshops Checklist – Participants [PDF; 127 KB]
- Interactive Workshops Checklist – Presenters [PDF; 248 KB]
- How to perform multi-source feedback [PDF; 187 KB]
- Evaluation summary template [PDF; 97 KB]
- Patient questionnaire [PDF; 99 KB]
- Peer questionnaire [PDF; 100 KB]
- Self-reflection questionnaire [PDF; 117 KB]
- Invitation letter [PDF; 92 KB]
Patient record audits
- Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of eating disorders
- Patient record audit tool anorexia [PDF; 90KB]
- Patient record audit tool bulimia [PDF; 87 KB]
Schizophrenia and related disorders
- Clinical practice guideline for the management of schizophrenia and related disorders
- Patient record audit tool schizophrenia [PDF; 86 KB]
- Patient record tool metabolic disorders [PDF; 88 KB]
- Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of mood disorders
- Patient record audit tool mood disorders [PDF; 83 KB]
Assessment letter audit
Conduct an audit of the assessment letters you send.
- How to do an audit of correspondence [PDF; 92 KB]
- Assessment letter questionnaire (template) [PDF; 109 KB]
Lecture review and feedback
Collect feedback from peers and others in a lecture audience.
- How do to a lecture evaluation [PDF; 120 KB]
- Lecturer evaluation questionnaire (template) [PDF; 115 KB]
Section 4: Self-Guided Learning Activities
Accredited group learning
CPD hours can be claimed for accredited activities such as conferences, seminars and educational meetings.
Endorsed external short courses and online learning
Educational material, courses and online learning modules that have been reviewed by the RANZCP and endorsed for CPD hours.
Structured formal learning
CPD hours can be claimed for participating in the College's Advanced Certificate programs.
Informal learning activities
Learnit provides you with a dedicated e-learning platform as part of your RANZCP membership.
All e-learning modules completed in Learnit are added to your CPD record automatically.
Claim CPD hours for review of video and presentation materials from previous RANZCP conferences, meetings, symposia and webinars.
Perform a literature review. RANZCP Members have online, full-text access to:
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry
- Australasian Psychiatry
- Medline with full text
- Psychological and behavioural sciences collection
- BJPsych Advances
Mental Health Professional Network (MHPN) webinars
Participate in webinars from the MHPN or view previous webinar videos.
Section 5: Additional hours activities
You are required to complete an additional 12.5 hours across the other CPD areas to make up the required 50 hours. This could be self-guided learning activities, formal peer review or practice improvement activities.
email@example.com or call 1800 337 448 (toll free from Australia) or 0800 443 827 (toll-free from Aotearoa New Zealand).