Templates and ideas for CPD activities
Section 1: Professional Development Plan
Guidance for Professional Development Plans [PDF; 735 KB]
- PDP Template 1 [PDF; 285 KB] | PDP Template 1 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 2 [PDF; 211 KB] | PDP Template 2 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 3 [PDF; 203 KB] | PDP Template 3 [MS Word; 93 KB]
- PDP Template 4 [PDF; 157 KB] | PDP Template 4 [MS Word; 93 KB]
Professional Development Planning tool for Peer Review Groups [PDF; 750 KB]
Section 2: Formal Peer Review Activities
- Peer review group registration guidelines [PDF 188 KB]
- Attendance record [PDF; 127 KB] Attendance record [MS Word; 23 KB]
- Meeting as a virtual Peer Review Group [PDF; 192 KB]
(Note that all attendance should be recorded in the MyCPD online system. The paper forms are for your convenience during meetings).
Registered Peer Review Groups enjoy qualified privilege under Australian and New Zealand legislation.
- Obligations on medical practitioners [Medical Board of Australia]
- Continuing professional development registration standard [Medical Board of Australia]
- Information for participants of declared quality assurance activities [Australian Government Department of Health and Aging website]
Aotearoa New Zealand
- Maintain registration [Medical Council of New Zealand website]
- Recertification and professional development [Medical Council of New Zealand website]
- Protected Quality Assurance Activities under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 [NZ Ministry of Health website]
Practice Peer Review
Practice Peer Review is where two psychiatrists have focused meetings reviewing aspects of their individual practice. A trained facilitator provides coaching. Participants earn hours that contribute to CPD requirements.
More about Practice Peer Review
Related CPD resources that can support PPR discussions
- CanMEDS discussion tool [Word; 648 KB]
- QI Initiative discussion tool [Word; 274 KB]
- RAC2 discussion tool [Word; 272 KB]
- 360 degrees multisource feedback [PDF; 91 KB]
- Clinic audit [PDF; 132 KB]
Section 3: Practice Improvement Activities
- Frequently asked questions about Section 3 activities [PDF; 121 KB]
Workshops for RANZCP CPD
- Interactive Workshops Guideline [PDF; 366 KB]
- Interactive Workshops Checklist – Participants [Word; 282 KB]
- Interactive Workshops Checklist – Presenters [Word; 278 KB]
- How to do a clinical audit [PDF; 146 KB]
- Clinical audit template [MS Word; 221 KB]
- How to perform multi-source feedback [PDF; 187 KB]
- Evaluation summary template [MS Word; 132 KB]
- Patient questionnaire [MS Word; 221 KB]
- Peer questionnaire [MS Word; 243 KB]
- Self-reflection questionnaire [MS Word; 108 KB]
- Invitation letter [MS Word; 111 KB]
Patient record audits
- How to perform a patient record audit [PDF; 142 KB]
- Patient record audit template [MS Word; 54 KB]
- Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of eating disorders
- Patient record audit tool anorexia [PDF; 98 KB]
- Patient record audit tool bulimia [PDF; 127 KB]
Schizophrenia and related disorders
- Clinical practice guideline for the management of schizophrenia and related disorders
- Patient record audit tool schizophrenia [PDF; 131 KB]
- Patient record tool metabolic disorders [PDF; 144 KB]
- Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of mood disorders
- Patient record audit tool mood disorders [PDF; 121 KB]
Assessment letter audit
Conduct an audit of the assessment letters you send.
- How to do an audit of correspondence [PDF; 100 KB]
- Assessment letter questionnaire (template) [MS Word; 24 KB]
- Assessment letter questionnaire (template) [PDF; 84 KB]
Lecture review and feedback
Collect feedback from peers and others in a lecture audience.
- How do to a lecture evaluation [PDF; 120 KB]
- Lecturer evaluation questionnaire (template) [MS Word; 95 KB]
- Lecturer evaluation questionnaire (template) [PDF; 115 KB]
Section 4: Self-Guided Learning Activities
Accredited group learning
CPD hours can be claimed for accredited activities such as conferences, seminars and educational meetings.
Endorsed external short courses and online learning
Educational material, courses and online learning modules that have been reviewed by the RANZCP and endorsed for CPD hours.
Structured formal learning
CPD hours can be claimed for participating in the College's Advanced Certificate programs.
Informal learning activities
Learnit provides you with a dedicated e-learning platform as part of your RANZCP membership.
All e-learning modules completed in Learnit are added to your CPD record automatically.
Claim CPD hours for review of video and presentation materials from previous RANZCP conferences, meetings, symposia and webinars.
Perform a literature review. RANZCP Members have online, full-text access to:
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry
- Australasian Psychiatry
- Medline with full text
- Psychological and behavioural sciences collection
- BJPsych Advances
Mental Health Professional Network (MHPN) webinars
Participate in webinars from the MHPN or view previous webinar videos.
Section 5: Additional hours activities
You are required to complete an additional 12.5 hours across the other CPD areas to make up the required 50 hours. This could be self-guided learning activities, formal peer review or practice improvement activities.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 337 448 (toll free from Australia) or 0800 443 827 (toll-free from Aotearoa New Zealand).