The Addiction Psychiatry Prize
Submissions will next be open 1 September– 31October 2023.
The Addiction Psychiatry Prize is an annual prize awarded to a Trainee, or a Fellow who has achieved the Certificate of Advanced Training in Addiction Psychiatry within the 12 months prior to the application deadline.
The prize is an incentive award of the College, designed to encourage achievements and excellence in addiction psychiatry.
Current Trainees, or Fellows who have achieved the Certificate of Advanced Training in Addiction Psychiatry within the 12 months prior to the application deadline, are eligible to apply.
Applicants shall have completed meritorious research, a quality improvement project or case review/study in the field of addiction psychiatry.
The work submitted should have been completed at least partly in Australasia within the two-year period prior to application for the Prize.
Previous recipients of the Prize will not be eligible to receive the Prize on a further occasion.
Form of award
The prize includes:
- complimentary registration to the Faculty of Addiction Psychiatry Conference
- invitation to present at the Faculty conference
- a beautifully framed award certificate
- invitation to accept the award certificate at the College Ceremony during Congress.
The prize may be made to one person, or can be shared amongst two or more if their work is of equal merit. If shared, each recipient shall be entitled to an equal portion of prize money.
The prize does not include travel support for the recipient(s) to attend Congress or the Faculty conference.
How to apply
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date:
- a cover letter (1 page)
- an anonymised copy of your work, which may take the form of:
- the Certificate of Advanced Training in Addiction Psychiatry Scholarly Project
- the Certificate of Advanced Training in Addiction Psychiatry Quality Improvement Project
- a published article
- a draft article suitable for publication in a journal equivalent to Australasian Psychiatry
- a case review/study.
Applications are open annually, from 1 September to 31 October (11.59 pm AEDT).