RANZCP Foundation Catalyst Grants
Designed to give psychiatrist researchers at any career stage access to small scale funds to assist them prepare a pilot or proof of concept for a future study.
These grants help researchers to take their projects and proposals beyond an idea, to a point of readiness to apply for larger funding.
How much is the grant?
The program will award two grants of up to A$5000 annually.
The grant is not a guarantee of future funding from the RANZCP Foundation or other external funders.
RANZCP Fellows or Affiliate members.
Additional eligibility criteria
- The grant may be awarded to one person or shared by a team containing at least one RANZCP Fellow or Affiliate member.
- The grant is awarded on the basis of a proposal submitted by the applicant.
- The future research project must be performed either wholly or partly in Australia or New Zealand, or in a near neighbouring region.
- Previous recipients, including members of research teams, of the grant are eligible to apply for further rounds of funding.
- Applicants must have not received more than A$10,000 in previous research funding for the research topic that is the subject of this grant application.
How can grant funds be used?
There are no restrictions placed on the permitted uses of Catalyst Grant funding.
The RANZCP Foundation Catalyst Grants are available to researchers with all levels of experience or career stage, and those with limited or little research experience are encouraged to apply.
This grant is not aimed at encouraging those new to research, or as a comprehensive funding option to complete a full research project for those who are either new to research or interested in pursuing a career in research. The Beverley Raphael New Investigator or Early Research Career Grants may be more suited to these applicants.
How do I apply?
►RANZCP Foundation Catalyst Grants terms of reference [PDF; 303 KB]
►RANZCP Foundation Catalyst Grants application form [MS Word; 95 KB]
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are now open until Midnight AEST on Friday, 15 September 2023.