New South Wales Branch
NSW psychiatrists available for COVID-19 healthcare workers
Register your availability
If you are available to provide assistance to frontline healthcare workers during the pandemic, please provide your details to the College.
Add my details
Tel.: +61 (0)2 9352 3600
Fax: +61 (0)2 9810 5073
RANZCP NSW Branch
PO Box 280
Rozelle NSW 2039
NSW Branch pre-budget submission 2020/21
The NSW Branch of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) has developed its 2020/21 Pre-Budget Submission (PBS) to the NSW Government advocating for improved investment in mental health services.
►What's needed? - NSW Branch pre-budget submission, March 2020 [PDF; 2MB]
►Let's fix something - NSW Branch pre-budget submission, March 2020 [PDF; 2MB]
The PBS highlights priority issues to improve the delivery of mental health services to the hundreds of thousands of people living with mental health conditions in NSW.
Specifically, it calls for improved investment in initiatives to:
- Grow and support the psychiatric workforce in rural communities.
- Fix the Mental Health Access Line (MHAL) to ensure people with mental health conditions, their carers and health care professionals access the right mental health service at the right time and place.
- Identify coordination gaps in mental health services for children and adolescents.
- Develop the capability of the mental health workforce in delivering therapeutic interventions and supports for consumers with complex trauma and personality disorders.
- Ensure equivalency of care for people with severe mental illness in custody.
- Ensure older people with mental illness receive timely support and treatment.
Enquiries: Ben Folino, Policy and Advocacy Adviser NSW Branch firstname.lastname@example.org
► View full New South Wales Branch page [Member log-in required]