Entries for the 2024 round of RANZCP awards and grants are now open
25 Sep 2023
Grants & awards
Do you know a psychiatrist whose service deserves recognition?
Have you authored a quality psychiatric research paper?
Would you like extra funding to support a research project?
Entries for the 2024 round of RANZCP awards and grants are now open.
Major College honours
- The College Medal of Honour, for distinguished and meritorious service to the College.
- The Mark Sheldon Prize, for noteworthy contributions to Indigenous mental health in either Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand.
- The Margaret Tobin Award, for the most significant contribution to administrative psychiatry in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand over the preceding five years.
- Honorary Fellowship, for contributions to psychiatry or the College by those who do not otherwise qualify for Fellowship.
Subspecialty awards and grants
- The Medlicott Award, which encourages achievements and excellence in research in Forensic Psychiatry by current and recent advanced trainees in forensic psychiatry.
- The Faculty of Psychiatry of Old Age Basic Psychiatric Trainee Prize, for originality, scientific merit and contribution to the knowledge base of psychiatry of old age.
- The Addiction Psychiatry Prize, for achievements and excellence in addiction psychiatry.
- The Psychotherapy Research Award, which encourages research in psychotherapy among psychiatry trainees and recent Fellows in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Pat, Toni and Peter Kinsman Research Scholarship, supports and encourages research into postnatal depression in women in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
How to apply
Discover all the RANZCP awards and grants available, as well as information on how to apply or nominate a colleague.
Please email applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries for the 2024 RANZCP awards and grants close at 11:59 pm AEDT Tuesday 31 October 2023.
More news & views
We are pleased to announce our final group of recipients.
Each year, the College presents a variety of awards and grants to members.
In 2023 Dr Bryanne Barnett AM created the Barnett Early Parenting Research and Collaboration grant.