New role in RANZCP Education for a Fellow to lead the development in medical education
14 Nov 2023
The College is looking for a Fellow to join our Education team to develop medical education strategies and provide expert guidance in medical education.
About the role
- a two-year, part time position (0.4-0.6 FTE) with flexibility in scheduling working days
- predominantly remote; can be performed from anywhere within Australia or New Zealand
- an academic staff role reporting to the College’s Executive Manager, Education and Training
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, including the position description and how to apply, click here.
As a qualified psychiatrist and Fellow of the RANZCP, the Medical Education Specialist will:
- lead the design and development of College educational and assessment programs
- provide academic advice in line with best practice and the evidence base in medical education
- lead stakeholder consultations and develop informed recommendations in relation to College training and assessments
- provide academic guidance on constructive alignment, and assessment and curriculum reviews and mapping
- develop the assessment strategy and engage effectively with stakeholders to implement it within the Fellowship Program and workplace-based settings
To be successful in this role, you must be a Fellow of the RANZCP and have:
- demonstrated expertise in the development of contemporary curriculum and medical education programs, and assessment strategies
- experience in the design of teaching and learning initiatives in the context of postgraduate specialist training
- proven skills in engaging, influencing and negotiating with diverse stakeholders in a collaborative and respectful manner
- a relevant postgraduate qualification and experience in curriculum and assessment development, medical education and academic research
How to apply
Click the link below to view the position description and submit your application, CV and cover letter. Applications close on Sunday 3 December 2023.
More news & views
The College will close at 1.00pm AEDT on Friday 22 December 2023 and reopen on Monday 8 January 2024...
RANZCP Board statement on the future of Clinical Practice Guideline development and funding advocacy...
An update from the RANZCP President, Dr Elizabeth Moore on College activities, achievements and news...