20 Feb 2023
Contemporary CPD has an increased focus on 'reflective practice' and the new Australian registration standard reflects this change. My CPD is being upgraded to assist members to incorporate reflection into their CPD records.
Meanwhile, these prompts may be helpful when reflecting on your CPD activities:
- Have gaps in my practice or knowledge been addressed? What gaps remain?
- Did this activity involve peer review and, if so, what was the impact of that element?
- Were my learning goals achieved? How will I apply those to my practice?
- What might my next steps be?
- What is the most important thing I learnt, or realised, from this experience?
- How will this activity influence my practice? Or, what aspects of my existing practice were reinforced?
- Did this activity apply to a particular CanMEDs role? How?
- Have I considered cultural safety and health inequities through this activity?
More news & views
01 June 2023
RANZCP supports the ‘YES’ campaign for Voice to Parliament
The RANZCP is backing the ‘YES’ campaign to recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through a First Nations Voice to Parliament enshrined in the Australian Constitution.
22 May 2023
Australian Medical Association reports on prescriptions, public and private health
The AMA has released four reports which may be of interest to members.
22 May 2023
CPD opportunity – become a Scholarly Project examiner
Examiners can earn CPD points for preparation and calibration sessions