Psychiatrists and RANZCP Kaumātua recognised in King’s Birthday 2023 Honours Lists
13 Jun 2023
The RANZCP is delighted that five psychiatrists, as well as our College Kaumātua, have been recognised in the Australian and New Zealand King’s Birthday 2023 Honours Lists for their service to mental health and psychiatry.
We thank them for their significant and tireless work to improve the mental health of our communities in Australia and New Zealand. Congratulations to all!
Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM)
• Mr Ronald Baker (Auckland), RANZCP Kaumātua, for services to Māori mental health.
• Dr Siale Foliaki (Auckland) for services to mental health and the Pacific.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
• Emeritus Professor Philip Boyce (NSW) for significant service to psychiatric research and education.
• Associate Professor Ravi Bhat (Victoria) for significant service to medicine, and to rural psychiatry.
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
• Associate Professor Josephine Beatson (Victoria) for service to psychiatry.
• The late Dr Edgar Freed (NSW) for service to medicine as a psychiatrist.
More news & views
An update from the RANZCP President, Dr Elizabeth Moore, on College activities, achievements and new...
21 New Zealand PIF members were awarded full scholarships to participate in the conference in Rotoru...
This biennial event is supported by the Pasifika Medical Association and participants came from Fiji...