Practice Peer Review
Practice Peer Review allows two psychiatrists to have focused meetings reviewing aspects of their individual practice.
Each psychiatrist discusses their own professional practice, then reviews the practice of their peer. An experienced Fellow acts as a facilitator and provides knowledge and advice. Participants earn hours that will contribute to their annual CPD requirements.
The program operates with Fellows and Affiliates in practice settings throughout Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
About Practice Peer Review
The program provides participants with opportunities to:
- share information about their professional role, practice background and setting
- discuss career highlights in the past five years, and key professional changes experienced
- share their preferred approach to professional development
- discuss patient-centred care changes that they may have introduced to their practice
- discuss general work-life balance and wellbeing
- discuss current peer networks, supports, or associations for practice requirements
- discuss focused goals for practice peer review with the PPR Facilitator
- discuss a process supporting the continual professional learning and development of each peer.
Participants can either nominate a peer or be matched with someone based on their interests and requirements.
The time commitment is expected to be no more than 8 hours in total, involving:
- a two-hour initial meeting
- a two-hour practice discussion meeting
- a two-hour practice development meeting
- a two-hour practice reflection meeting.
Participants may choose to opt-out of the program at any point and for any reason.
The program has been approved for:
- Section 2, Formal Peer Review – 10 hours
- Section 3, Practice Improvement – 5 hours
To claim CPD you must participate in and complete the program.
Disclaimer: Practice Peer Review is not presently covered under qualified privilege in Australia and in Aotearoa New Zealand. In the event that clear concerns arise during peer exchanges within the activity, contact email@example.com.
►Practice Peer Review Guidebook [PDF; 379 KB]
How to apply
Applications to participate in Practice Peer Review are currently closed. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Peer Review facilitators
Participation as a facilitator is open to experienced Fellows and Affiliates.
Earn CPD hours
As a trained facilitator, for each PPR you facilitate you will receive:
- 2 CPD hours for Section 2: peer review
- 2.5 CPD hours for Section 3: practice improvement
In addition, you can claim facilitator training under Section 4: Self-guided learning.
Facilitator training of around one hour will be provided.
How to apply
To apply, you should meet the following criteria:
- in good standing with the RANZCP, including meeting annual CPD requirements
- Fellow or Affiliate member of the RANZCP
- holding appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia or the Medical Council of New Zealand as a specialist psychiatrist
- holding appropriate professional indemnity insurance
- experience as a RANZCP Supervisor
- experience as a Director of Training
- recent committee or College work.
(Criteria in italics are desirable but not essential.)
►Submit a facilitator expression of interest
Have you found the information you were looking for?