Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program
- Certificates for 2019 CPD can be accessed via MyRANZCP [Member log in required]
The College has received advice from the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) and the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) that has clarified the position regarding CPD for members during this challenging time. As a result, the College has taken the following actions:
- Completion of the 2020 CPD program is voluntary and will not be required for continuation of membership. However, members are encouraged to do what they can, particularly maintaining peer support through peer review groups or supervision using technology as a substitute for face to face meetings. Supporting each other will be important in the days and months ahead.
- There will be no audits conducted of CPD submissions for the 2019 CPD year.
- There will be no audits conducted of 2020 CPD submissions.
- Members who do not complete the 2019 or 2020 CPD years will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
The Committee for Continuing Professional Development will continue to meet during this time to look at ways to support ongoing learning.
The CPD team at the College are available to provide assistance via email@example.com.
Please note that telephone contact is currently unavailable due to staff working remotely. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The College operates a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program with the aim of maintaining a high standard of professional practice in psychiatry.
CPD participation is a requirement for medical registration and annual recertification of medical practitioners in Australia and New Zealand. Active Fellows and Affiliates are automatically enrolled in the CPD program.
Medical practitioners who are not RANZCP members can also participate in the RANZCP CPD program (annual fee applies).
For enquiries, contact the CPD Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 337 448 (toll free from Australia) or 0800 443 827 (toll-free from New Zealand).