1. Burke M, González F, Baylis P, Heft-Neal S, Baysan C, Basu S, et al. Higher temperatures increase suicide rates in the United States and Mexico. Nature Climate Change. 2018;8(8):723-9.
2. Romanello M, McGushin A, Di Napoli C, Drummond P, Hughes N, Jamart L, et al. The 2021 report of the Lancet Countdown on health and climate change: code red for a healthy future. The Lancet. 2021;398(10311):1619-62.
3. Bourque F, Willox AC. Climate change: the next challenge for public mental health? Int Rev Psychiatry. 2014;26(4):415-22.
4. Gifford E, Gifford R. The largely unacknowledged impact of climate change on mental health. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. 2016;72(5):292-7.
5. Obradovich N, Migliorini R, Martin PP, Rahwan I. Empirical evidence of mental health risks posed by climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2018;115(43):10953-8.
6. Lawrance E, Thompson, R., Fontana, G., Jennings, N. The impact of climate change on mental health and emotional wellbeing: current evidence and implications for policy and practice. Grantham Institute; 2021 May 2021.
7. Charlson F, Ali S, Benmarhnia T, Pearl M, Massazza A, Augustinavicius J, et al. Climate Change and Mental Health: A Scoping Review. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2021;18(9):4486.
8. Dixon PG, Sinyor M, Schaffer A, Levitt A, Haney CR, Ellis KN, et al. Association of Weekly Suicide Rates with Temperature Anomalies in Two Different Climate Types. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2014;11(11).
9. Association AP. How Extreme Weather Events Affect Mental Health: American Psychiatric Association; [Available from: https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/climate-change-and-mental-health-connections/affects-on-mental-health.]
10. Majeed H, Lee J. The impact of climate change on youth depression and mental health. Lancet Planet Health. 2017;1(3):e94-e5.
11. Trombley J, Chalupka S, Anderko L. Climate Change and Mental Health. Am J Nurs. 2017;117(4):44-52.
12. Royal College of Psychiatrists. Our planet's climate and ecological emergency 2021 [updated 05 May 2021. 27]. Available from: https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/docs/default-source/improving-care/better-mh-policy/position-statements/position-statement-ps03-21-climate-and-ecological-emergencies-2021.pdf.]
13. Cianconi P, Betrò S, Janiri L. The Impact of Climate Change on Mental Health: A Systematic Descriptive Review. Front Psychiatry. 2020;11:74-.
14. Berry HL, Bowen K, Kjellstrom T. Climate change and mental health: a causal pathways framework. Int J Public Health. 2010;55(2):123-32.
15. Hayes K, Blashki G, Wiseman J, Burke S, Reifels L. Climate change and mental health: risks, impacts and priority actions. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2018;12(1):28.
16. Rice SM, McIver LJ. Climate change and mental health: Rationale for research and intervention planning. Asian J Psychiatr. 2016;20:1-2.
17. Usher K, Durkin J, Bhullar N. Eco-anxiety: How thinking about climate change-related environmental decline is affecting our mental health. Int J Ment Health Nurs. 2019;28(6):1233-4.
18. Padhy SK, Sarkar S, Panigrahi M, Paul S. Mental health effects of climate change. Indian J Occup Environ Med. 2015;19(1):3-7.
19. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4430.0 - Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings, 2015. Canberra; 2015 20 April 2017.
20. Rataj E, Kunzweiler K, Garthus-Niegel S. Extreme weather events in developing countries and related injuries and mental health disorders - a systematic review. BMC Public Health. 2016;16(1):1020.
21. Asugeni J, MacLaren D, Massey PD, Speare R. Mental health issues from rising sea level in a remote coastal region of the Solomon Islands: current and future. Australasian Psychiatry. 2015;23(6_suppl):22-5.
22. Albrecht G, Sartore G-M, Connor L, Higginbotham N, Freeman S, Kelly B, et al. Solastalgia: The Distress Caused by Environmental Change. Australasian Psychiatry. 2007;15(1_suppl):S95-S8.
23. Rigby CW, Rosen A, Berry HL, Hart CR. If the land's sick, we're sick:* The impact of prolonged drought on the social and emotional well-being of Aboriginal communities in rural New South Wales. Australian Journal of Rural Health. 2011;19(5):249-54.
24. Bowles DC. Climate Change and Health Adaptation: Consequences for Indigenous Physical and Mental Health. Ann Glob Health. 2015;81(3):427-31.
25. Jones R, Bennett H, Keating G, Blaiklock A. Climate change and the right to health for Māori in Aotearoa/New Zealand. Health Hum Rights. 2014;16(1):54-68.
26. Challenges and Opportunities for Indigenous Peoples’ Sustainability: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs; 2021 [Available from: https://www.un.org/development/desa/dspd/2021/04/indigenous-peoples-sustainability/.]
27. Burke SEL, Sanson AV, Van Hoorn J. The Psychological Effects of Climate Change on Children. Current Psychiatry Reports. 2018;20(5):35.
28. Cianconi P, Lesmana CBJ, Ventriglio A, Janiri L. Mental health issues among indigenous communities and the role of traditional medicine. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2019;65(4):289-99.
29. Berry HL, Waite TD, Dear KBG, Capon AG, Murray V. The case for systems thinking about climate change and mental health. Nature Climate Change. 2018;8(4):282-90.
30. Every-Palmer S, McBride S, Berry H, Menkes DB. Climate change and psychiatry. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2016;50(1):16-8.
31. Connerton CS, Wooton AK. Building Community Resilience to Mitigate Mental Health Effects of Climate Change. Creat Nurs. 2019;25(3):e9-e14.
32. Nurse J, Basher D, Bone A, Bird W. An ecological approach to promoting population mental health and well-being--a response to the challenge of climate change. Perspect Public Health. 2010;130(1):27-33.
33. Hayes K, Poland B. Addressing Mental Health in a Changing Climate: Incorporating Mental Health Indicators into Climate Change and Health Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessments. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2018;15(9):1806.
34. Coverdale J, Balon R, Beresin EV, Brenner AM, Guerrero APS, Louie AK, et al. Climate Change: A Call to Action for the Psychiatric Profession. Academic Psychiatry. 2018;42(3):317-23.
35. Ventriglio A. TA, Bhugra D. Developing Leadership Skills in Professional Psychiatric Practice. Singapore: Springer; 2018.