CPD opportunity – become a Scholarly Project examiner
24 Jul 2023
The College is seeking Fellows to support trainees and specialist international medical graduates in their progression to Fellowship in 2023 and beyond. Apply to become an examiner for the Scholarly Project (SP) and earn CPD hours for preparation, calibration workshops, and the marking process.
Examiners play a pivotal role in ensuring a reliable and equitable assessment process, dedicating their expertise on a pro bono basis. To be eligible, you must:
- Have a minimum of two years as a RANZCP Fellow
- Possess knowledge of the current requirements of the SP assessment and the principles of the curriculum framework
As an examiner, your responsibilities will include:
- Marking of SP in a 4 to 6-week period, typically three times a year in March, July and November.
- Participation in an annual calibration workshop (3 CPD hours).
- Providing constructive, written feedback to candidates who have not met the requirements.
- Evaluating the reliability and validity of the marking process.
The upcoming Scholarly Project calibration workshop (online) is scheduled for 12 September 2023 from 6:30–8 pm AEST.
We look forward to your contribution as an examiner and the valuable insights you will bring to the assessment process.
To apply, please contact:email@example.com or (03) 9601 4978.
More news & views
The College is embarking on a three-year project to transform the Formal Education Courses experienc...
The College has successfully completed a trial for automating attendance recording into MyCPD.
The RANZCP offers our deepest apology to the survivors, their whānau, and all those impacted by the ...