E-Learning Advisory Group
The College acquired and launched in September 2016 its own Learning Management System Learnit to host and manage e-learning materials. Learnit is administered by College staff and supported by the vendor SAP Litmos. Learnit offers a single platform to all College Fellows, Affiliates and Associates and CPD participants to access both the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) CPD Online catalogue and College developed resources. Learnit tracks activities and records CPD hours awarded to Fellows, Affiliates, Associates and CPD Participants. Learnit is integrated with the College MyCPD portal.
At its March 2017 meeting, the Board approved the E-learning Strategic Plan. One of the key priorities of the E-learning Strategic Plan is to define a clear decision making process for creating e-learning resources. This includes the creation of an E-learning Advisory Group (the Advisory Group) comprising of subject matter experts from the College membership.
The Advisory Group reports to the Education Committee.
► E-Learning Advisory Group Terms of Reference [PDF; 112 KB]
Note: The Terms of Reference are currently under review. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory Group Chair
The Chair of the Accreditation Committee is Dr Andrew Amos.
Advisory Group Member Commitment Required
Advisory Group key responsibilities include:
- Manage the College Learnit course catalogue classification
- Ensure e-learning resources are up-to-date and mandate relevant College bodies to maintain the resources as relevant
- Maintain the process and framework to create new e-learning resources
- Advise the Education Committee (EC) on College e-learning resources
- Quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation including end user feedback
- Identify, report and manage risks in accordance with College Policy.
The Group typically meet 4 times per calendar year (1 face-to-face meeting and 3 videoconference meetings). Each meeting duration is approximately 1 ½–2 hours.
An Advisory Group member may also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.