Committee for Training
Responsible directly to the Education Committee, the role of the Committee for Training (CFT) is to:
- Oversee and administer the regulations of the College’s Fellowship training program(s) and Certificates of Advanced Training in subspecialty areas as approved by the Board
- Liaise with the Secretariat to implement and monitor the operation of the training program
- Oversee all activities of its constituent advanced training subcommittees, other sub-committees and working parties in terms of their respective composition, function and budget.
► Committee for Training Regulations [PDF; 109 KB]
Note: The Regulations are currently under review. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Committee key responsibilities include:
- Establishing policies and procedures (in accordance with delegated authority) to allow the Committee to regulate psychiatry training
- Considering policy matters in relation to training for recommendation to the Education Committee
- Determining the criteria and standards of performance to satisfy the rules and processes of the College from time to time and in particular the RANZCP Fellowship Training regulations as may be amended
- Overseeing the experience required for postgraduate training in psychiatry
- Determining whether the experience that trainees receive meets the requirements as set out in the Regulations and processes of the College
- Involving and advising branch training committees, branches and subcommittees of advanced training and trainees on procedural changes
- Overseeing all aspects and coordination of Basic Training, Advanced Training, and Stage 1, 2 and 3 training other than those deemed to be the responsibility of the branch training committee or subcommittees for advanced training
- Receiving reports from the Accreditation Committee on the accreditation of training programs and comment as required
- Monitoring the progress of trainees involved in the College’s training programs
- Establishing, managing and participating in subcommittees and working groups for specific purposes determined by the Committee and approved by the Education Committee
- Recommending any additional committees or working parties which would benefit by the appointment of a member to serve on that committee
- Undertaking all other activities necessary or convenient for its purpose in oversight of the physical, financial and training resources required to support and develop training endeavours as the Education Committee and the Board may approve.
The CFT typically meets 22 times per calendar year:
- 2 face-to-face meetings (up to 7 hours’ duration per meeting)
- 20 teleconference meetings (up to 1.5 hours’ duration per meeting).
A committee member may also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.