Recognition of prior learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is the process by which learning, skills and experiences acquired outside the Fellowship Program are evaluated for the purpose of accrediting them for RANZCP training components.
Two types of RPL may be granted to trainees:
- RPL after enrolment in the Fellowship Program (applications must be submitted within 6 months of enrolment)
- RPL for overseas training during a break in training.
RPL after enrolment
In order to be eligible for RPL, any training, assessment (other than Scholarly Project) and/or work experience must have been completed within the past 8 years. An RPL application for a Scholarly Project must be based on a project completed or accepted for publication within the past 10 years.
RPL applications must be submitted no more than 6 months after the trainee commences training in the 2012 Fellowship Program.
Trainees seeking to gain RPL for overseas training whilst on a break in training must:
- apply for an approved break in training
- apply for in-principle approval of the overseas training before commencing (i.e. prospective approval)
- apply for RPL on returning to the Fellowship Program.
Recognition of Prior Learning Policy and Procedure [PDF; 83 KB].
Recognition of prior learning form [PDF; 202 KB]
RPL additional evidence page (if required) [PDF; 64 KB]