The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Fixed term, full time, day working 80 hours per fortnight to commence 4 February 2019 until 4 February 2020. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Medical Practitioner Level 5 - 11 $89,649 - $126,854 per annum, pro rata plus access to salary packaging.
The Tasmanian Health Service has an opportunity for a suitably qualified Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services Registrar (Unaccredited) to join our dynamic team at Mental Health Services North. The successful applicant would be working in a multidisciplinary environment delivering high quality mental health care in primarily community settings with some inpatient work as well. This appointment would be for twelve months with opportunity to extend for a further twelve months.
Mental Health Services Tasmania offers:
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages.
- Attractive on-call work and call-back allowances for all medical staff.
- Support for professional development through regular in-service training opportunities and study leave entitlements.
- Local professional development opportunities are available through an active Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program offered by the Tasmanian Branch of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP).
- Ample opportunity for supervision and teaching.
- Excellent education and career opportunities for families and partners
- A relaxed, culturally rich lifestyle in one of the most beautiful parts of the world
- General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
To view the full Statement of Duties and to apply visit: