Climate change and mental health webinar series
18 October 2022
Climate change and mental health: What we need to know and care about
Presenters: Dr Cybele Dey, Associate Professor Fiona Charlson, Tara Crandon, Chloe Watfern, Dr Charles Le Feuvre, Lara McDonald, Associate Professor Vinay Lakra, Dr Jacqueline Small
19 October 2022
Climate change and mental health: What can we do about it?
Presenters: Dr Cybele Dey, Emily Coady, Professor Anthony Harris, Professor Lynne Madden, Professor Alan Rosen, Rikki Dank, Dr Rebecca Patrick, Dr Anna Seth, Dr Elizabeth Moore, Dr David Pollack
- Doctors for the environment, Australia report - How climate change affects mental health in Australia
This peer-reviewed, report published by Doctors for the Environment Australia (DEA) in October 2021 covers both the evidence on the impacts of climate change, and advocacy for health professionals.
- International report from the Imperial College, London
- The Multi-College report (RACP and RANZCP) and Healthy Climate Future campaign
The following resources were mentioned during the presentations.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: A helpful tool for coping with climate distress
- What makes you stronger
- Active Hope Model
- Psychology for a Safe Climate's professional development pathway
- Climate Resilience Network, Tasmania