Report navigator: report details
Mental Health Services In Australia
Publishing organisation: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
Year of publication: 2016
The AIHW currently has mental health care workforce data available only for psychologists, mental health nurses and psychiatrists.
The following characteristics of the psychiatry workforce are described:
- Psychiatrists (FTE per 100,000) per jurisdiction
- Psychiatrists (FTE per 100,000) by remoteness
- Average hours worked per week (by jurisdiction and age)
- Average age
- Workforce over time (i.e. 2009–2013) (age; av. hrs/week; male/female)
- Male/female (%)
- Principal area of work (%)
- Work settings (%)
- Private practice
- Community health.