Report navigator: report details
National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex mental health and suicide prevention strategy
Publishing organisation: National LGBTI Health Alliance
Year of publication: 2017
In recognition of the high proportion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people who experience poor mental health outcomes, the National LGBTI Health Alliance has launched Australia’s first National LGBTI Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Strategy.
This comprehensive plan outlines strategic action to prevent mental ill health and suicide and promote good mental health and well-being among LGBTI people and communities. The Strategy includes a range of recommendations across six key areas:
- Inclusive and accessible care
- Evidence, data collection and research
- Diversity of LGBTI population
- Intersectionality and social inclusion
- Skills and knowledgeable workforce
- Promotion and prevention.