Report navigator: report details
Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage: Key Indicators 2016
Publishing organisation: Productivity Commission
Year of publication: 2016
The Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage report is released regularly and measures the well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples against 52 indicators across a range of areas including health, education and employment, including:
- mental health
- suicide and self-harm
- consumption of tobacco, alcohol and other substances, and associated harms
- disability and chronic disease
- access to primary health care
- substantiated child abuse and neglect
- family and community violence
- imprisonment and juvenile detention.
This comprehensive report also includes case studies on programs that have improved outcomes along with an acknowledgement of the scarcity of formal evaluations.