The College has received advice from the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) and the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) that has clarified the position regarding CPD for members during this challenging time. As a result, the College has taken the following actions:
- Completion of the 2020 CPD program is voluntary and will not be required for continuation of membership. However, members are encouraged to do what they can, particularly maintaining peer support through peer review groups or supervision using technology as a substitute for face to face meetings. Supporting each other will be important in the days and months ahead.
- The closing date for the extended reporting period for the 2019 CPD year has been further extended, with submissions now due by 30 June 2020.
- There will be no audits conducted of CPD submissions for the 2019 CPD year, as the timing for these would likely coincide with the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- There will be no audits conducted of 2020 CPD submissions.
- Members who do not complete the 2019 or 2020 CPD years will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
The Committee for Continuing Professional Development will continue to meet during this time to look at ways to support ongoing learning.
The CPD team at the College are available to provide assistance via email@example.com.