Section of Private Practice Psychiatry
The RANZCP Section of Private Practice Psychiatry (SPPP) aims to identify and address issues concerning psychiatrists working in the private sector through the achievement of the following aims:
- Promote high quality accessible psychiatric assessment and management in the private sector.
- Advocate, advise and consult on issues relevant to private practitioners.
- Foster discussion, co-operation and debate among the members of the College and the general public in the spectrum of private psychiatric practice.
- Protect and promote the professional development of psychiatrists working in the private sector.
- Support the development of research within the private psychiatry sector.
View the Regulations [PDF; 270 KB] which outline the roles and responsibilities of the bi-national Section.
Fellow working in private practice? Join now!
To ensure the work of the SPPP is relevant and continues to meet the needs of our members, we invite you to join the SPPP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current committee members
The current committee can be contacted through email@example.com.
Full list of 2018-2020 SPPP committee members:
- Dr Michelle Atchison – Chair
- Dr Gary Galambos
- Dr Renate Mundl
- Dr Nicholas Ford
- Dr Jeffrey Looi
- Dr Jason Pace
- Dr Melissa White – Trainee Representative
Current areas of interest for the SPPP
- Online “Find a Psychiatrist” Directory.
- Professional Practice Guideline - Best practice referral, communication and shared care arrangements between psychiatrists, general practitioners and psychologists.
- Telehealth initiatives and Discontinuation of Telehealth Financial Incentives Program.
- Psychiatrist-patient privilege.
- Role of Psychiatrist Working Group.
- Expanded Training Settings Working Group.
- Resources for Entering Private Practice.
Private practice resources
Visit the private practice resources page of the RANZCP website for information regarding opening and operating a practice, managing health records and more.
Other useful links and documents are listed below: