Military and Veterans' Mental Health Network
The Military and Veterans’ Mental Health Network, established by the RANZCP Board in 2018 assists to promote interest and expertise amongst psychiatrists and trainees in the mental health of military veterans and serving armed forces members.
The Network aims to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge bi-nationally in relation to the mental health of military personnel and veterans.
- Promote and encourage the highest clinical and ethical standards in the delivery of mental health services to military personnel and veterans.
- Act as an expert reference group to provide feedback to the College on clinical matters pertinent to these groups.
- Promote and facilitate research relevant to the mental health of military personnel and veterans.
- Promote further education and training of psychiatrists and trainees in relation to military personnel and veterans’ mental health.
- Identify and promote the role of psychiatrists in the multidisciplinary approach to military and veterans’ mental health, and participate in appropriate cross-sector initiatives.
- Recommend models of care that will improve the quality of mental health services delivered to military personnel and veterans.
Membership of the Network is open to all interested College members, and also to other interested professionals working in the areas of military and veterans’ mental health.
Non-College members are also eligible to join the Network.
Military and Veterans' Mental Health Network Working Group
The Military and Veterans’ Mental Health Network Working Group supports and provides advice to the Board in furthering the aims of the Network.
The Working Group can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Updates
Mental health resources