Community Collaboration Committee election
Expressions of interest for community members to join the Royal Australian and NZ College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) Community Collaboration Committee (the Committee) are now welcome.
The Committee is made up of four psychiatrists (RANZCP Fellows) and eight community members who have lived experience: two carers and two consumers from Australia, and two carers and two consumers from New Zealand.
- develop policy, advice and standards of practice with respect to involving carers and family (whānau) in mental health care
- increase awareness of consumer and carer concerns in the training of psychiatrists
- build relationships with other mental health organisations
- contribute to RANZCP publications and present at RANZCP Congress.
►Community Collaboration Committee Regulations [PDF; 120 KB]
Community representatives from the Community Collaboration Committee also sit on a broad range of other RANZCP committees – as full voting members – to ensure lived experience views are considered in all RANZCP activities.
The Committee are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following positions on the Committee:
- 1 x consumer from New Zealand
- 1 x carer from New Zealand
The Committee typically meets four times per calendar year:
- two face-to-face meetings (typically up to 6 hours’ duration per meeting with one meeting at the RANZCP Congress)
- two teleconferences (typically up to 1.5 hours’ duration per meeting).
A committee member may also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.
Community members will be remunerated in acknowledgement of their time on each committee and/or approved project they are a part of.
Express your interest in joining the committee
►Expression of interest form
For questions please contact the Election Officer at email@example.com