2020 RANZCP Elected Director Election – Call for Nominations
Nominations are now open for the RANZCP Board
The College welcomes nominations from the Fellowship for five elected director positions on the RANZCP Board. The 2-year term will commence at the conclusion of the College AGM on 20 May 2020.
What is the RANZCP Board?
The Board is the governing body of the College and comprises the President, the President-Elect and five elected directors – all elected from among the College’s Fellows. Each elected director is also responsible for chairing a constituent committee of the Board.
The Board is responsible for all matters relating to the strategic direction, policies, practices and the operations of the College.
Refer to the Board Regulations for more information.
Who can apply?
- Fellows with a minimum of 3 years membership with the College
- Fellows who meet the basic requirements for a director of a company, incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001.
For further information regarding the selection criteria and desirable qualities, please refer to the Elected Director Position Description.
How do I nominate?
Please complete a nomination form and submit your application by 5 pm AEDT on Thursday 13 February 2020.
Your nomination form must be accompanied by:
- CV (Resume): maximum 2 pages (Arial 11pt, in both Word and PDF formats).
- Supporting Statement: maximum 1200 words (Arial 11pt, in both Word and PDF formats).
- your relevant skills and experience for the role
- your suitability for the position
- the values that you can add to the Board
- any other relevant information in support of your candidacy.
Contact details: please include in your CV and Supporting Statement an email address and telephone number the College can publish for Fellows to contact you on to discuss your election candidacy.
Personal information: for privacy reasons the CV and Supporting Statement must not include your date of birth and personal or referee details.
- Photo: passport style photo (a high resolution jpg file only).
- Disclosure Statement: Nominees must disclose financial interests and conflicts of interest which may conflict, or be perceived to conflict, with their potential role as a Director of the College on the prescribed template. Please download and save the Disclosure Statement prior to completion as content may be lost.
Who do I contact if I have a question regarding my nomination?
Please email the Election Officer or telephone +61 (0)3 9640 0646.
What documents should I read prior to nominating?
When can I commence election campaigning?
Campaigning may only commence after the College has formally published the list of election candidates. The campaign methods permitted are outlined in the Board Election Campaign Activities Policy.
Please note that further guidance will be provided to candidates.
What are the key 2020 election dates?
- Nominations open: 16 January
- Nominations close: 13 February
- Voting opens: 19 March
- Voting closes: 20 April
- Results declared: week commencing 11 May
- Elected Directors assume office at the conclusion of the AGM: 20 May.
There is an expectation that all Directors attend all Board meetings, unless a leave of absence has been approved by the President.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
Nomination questions may be directed to the Election Officer.
If you wish to know more about the Board, the role or commitment required, please contact the College via email@example.com or telephone +61 (0)3 9640 0646.
College Committee Elections
The Board recently approved a number of improvements for College committee elections.
The key improvements include:
- transitioning committee positions to three year terms
- a trial streamlined renomination process
- co-opted members being increased from two to four.
This Fact Sheet details the improvements and what these mean in practice.
Calls for Nominations for available positions will commence mid-February 2020.
If you have questions about a committee or an election process, please contact the Election Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.