Membership Engagement Committee
Reporting directly to the RANZCP Board, the Membership Engagement Committee provides a focal point within the RANZCP for considering and recommending policies and systems for effectively engaging with the membership, increasing the value of College membership and ensuring feedback from members is appropriately addressed.
The MEC serves as a conduit between the Board and the wider College membership, providing advice and guidance to the Board that reflects the views of the membership.
►Membership Engagement Committee Regulations [PDF; 89 KB]
Note: The Regulations are currently under review. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Committee Chair and Committee Contact Information
The current Chair of the Committee is Dr Sue Mackersey.
Contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Committee key responsibilities include:
- providing strategic oversight of member engagement strategies and reporting
- providing guidance and oversight in relation to member welfare and support programs
- improving member awareness of College activities and priorities, including by advising on communications to the membership and developing information for specific membership segments
- collaborating with and providing advice to other Committees on specific projects
- maintaining strategic oversight of College events, including scheduling and hosting, policies and guidelines and ensuring events meet members’ needs
- providing appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of members’ contributions and achievements through member recognition and award programs
- ensuring College publications, especially journals, deliver value and are relevant to members
- overseeing a range of operational membership processes.
The Committee typically meet seven (7) times per calendar year:
- Two (2) face-to-face meetings held in Melbourne (each meeting is approximately 8 hours in duration)
- Five (5) teleconference meetings (each meeting is approximately 1.5 hours in duration).
A committee member will also be required to respond to emails between formal meetings.
- Awards and Recognition Committee
- Journals Committee
- Member Welfare Committee.
►Details of these committees can be found on the Committees page.