Reporting directly to the RANZCP Board, the Education Committee is responsible for formulating and developing strategic education policy advice for the Board on all matters relating to Fellowship and the award of certificates of advanced training.
The Chair of the Education Committee is Dr Margaret Aimer. Contact the committee at email@example.com.
The Education Committee comprises:
- A Board Director (chair)
- Deputy Chairs x 2, Education Committee (appointed by the Board from a pool of nominees from the Fellowship)
- Chair, Committee for Training
- Chair, Committee for Examinations
- Chair, Committee for Specialist International Medical Graduate Education
- Chair, Committee for Continuing Professional Development
- Chair, Committee for Education Projects
- Chair, Committee for Education Quality and Reporting
- Representative, Trainee Representative Committee
- Representative, Overseas Trained Psychiatrists’ Representative Committee
- Community representative.
The Education Committee is responsible for:
- advising the Board on decisions about admission to Fellowship and the award of Advanced Training Certificates
- identifying appropriate measures for assessment of specialist international qualified medical graduates and for determining requirements for further training, assessment, examination or exemption required to achieve Fellowship
- formulating advisory policy, programs and procedures for continuing medical education for Fellows and fostering ongoing participation therein, wider Congress involvement, and standards in continuing professional development activities
- proposing Education projects to the Board, and overseeing and directing education projects, providing regular progress and risk management reports for these projects to the Board
- providing advice to relevant external authorities and bodies on all matters relating to the regulation of training, assessment and examination required to achieve Fellowship and professional development in Australia and New Zealand, and establishing liaisons and alliances with those entities
- ensuring that the several activities and responsibilities of the constituent Committees are directed to ensuring a collaborative approach
- maintaining links with other specialist medical colleges and, in particular, continuing the dual fellowship training program and its requirements.
- Committee for Specialist International Medical Graduate Education
- Committee for Examinations
- Committee for Training
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Addiction Psychiatry
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Adult Psychiatry
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Consultation–Liaison Psychiatry
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Forensic Psychiatry
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Psychiatry of Old Age
- Subcommittee for Advanced Training Psychotherapies Psychiatry
- Branch Training Committees
- Committee for Edcuatonal Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Committee for Continuing Professional Development
- Accreditation Committees
►Details of these committees can be found on the Committees page.