Committee for Continuing Professional Development
The current Chair of the CCPD is Dr Wayne De Beer, and the Deputy Chair is Professor Richard Harvey.
Role of the Committee
Responsible directly to the Education Committee, the role of the Committee for Continuing Professional Development is to promote participation by all College fellows in continued development activities and in particular to design, promote and administer the College Continuing Professional Development Program, to ensure the continued high standards of psychiatric practice.
Committee Member Commitment Required
Members’ key responsibilities include:
- Attend meetings and teleconferences of the committee as and when required
- Represent the views of their jurisdiction (for jurisdictional members)
- Provide advice on the development of CPD policies and programs, including remediation and refresher programs
- Provide advice on the alignment of individual member’s CPD activities with the CPD program as required
- Provide advice and approval of deferment of CPD obligations and variations to CPD programs.
- Promote the CPD program
- Respond to out of session email requests for advice and approvals
The CCPD typically meets 6 times per calendar year
- 2 face to face meetings (up to 8 hours’ duration)
- 4 teleconferences (up to 1.5 hours’ duration)
During February to July of each year, additional teleconferences may be scheduled to provide advice to CPD staff for the purposes of finalising CPD claims and the annual audit of CPD records.