Members' Advisory Council
The Members' Advisory Council (MAC) provides the Board with information and advice, and acts as a forum for College members.
The MAC is made up of RANZCP members serving on other committees, thereby representing a wide range of College functions. There is also a community representative on the MAC. The President Elect chairs the MAC, and Board members attend MAC meetings.
►Members' Advisory Council Regulations [PDF; 68 KB]
The Chair of the MAC is Dr Kym Jenkins. Contact the MAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the MAC are appointed either by virtue of the position that they hold (ex-officio) or by their respective committees.
The MAC comprises:
- Elected Directors x 5
- Chair, Branch Committees x 8
- Chair, New Zealand National Committee
- Chair, Faculty Bi-national Committees x 6
- Chair, Section Bi-national Committees x 12
- Chair, Trainee Representative Committee
- Chair, Overseas Trained Psychiatrists’ Representative Committee
- Chair, Te Kaunihera
- Chair, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Committee
- Community representatives x 2 (NZ and Australia)
The term of office of all MAC members coincides with their term on their respective committee.
The MAC is responsible for:
- providing advice to the Board on a variety of issues, including:
- the strategic direction of the College and assisting with the annual review of the College’s Strategic Plan
- proposed amendments to regulations and the constitution
- other matters referred from the Board
- issues and needs that impact on the delivery of mental health
- providing a written report to the Board on:
- The activities of the MAC
- Items of potential strategic or policy implication for the College
- Risks associated with mental health at a representative or jurisdictional level
- engage with the Board
- provide advice, input and feedback to the Board
- raise issues for discussion
- providing a forum for the College membership to:
- acting as a resource for the Board.