The RANZCP Board is the governing and supreme policy-making body of the College, and comprises the President, the President Elect, and five elected directors – elected from among the College's Fellows.
The composition and activities of the Board are outlined in the College's Constitution [PDF; 200 KB] and the Board Regulations [PDF; 37 KB].
Contact the Board on members' individual email addresses (above) or at email@example.com.
For further information please refer to Key People.
Board Matters will be published after each Board meeting and is an official publication provided to College members to inform them of items discussed and the progress of actions.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- oversight of the College, including its control and accountability systems
- ensuring that the College abides by the objects for which it was established as set out in the constitution
- setting the strategic direction of the College
- ensuring that the College complies with its regulatory obligations and ethical standards by providing overall policy guidance
- ensuring that policies for corporate governance and risk management are in place with the aim of protecting College funds and the prudent management of College assets
- approving and monitoring performance against the budgets, the financial objectives and performance targets for the College
- setting and undertaking Board and Director evaluations
- approving the acquisition and disposal of major assets if not already provided for in the budget approval by the Board
- entering into financial arrangements, including loans and debt arrangements
- establishing and overseeing committees of the Board
- approving and monitoring the College’s financial statements and other reporting activities
- appointing and removing the Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Executive Officer evaluation.
Board Position Descriptions
Election of RANZCP Board
In May 2013, under the new College governance model, General Council was replaced by the RANZCP Board. The Board comprises seven Board Directors directly elected by the Fellowship.
Elections for the positions of President Elect and Elected Directors are held by remote ballot once every 2 years (alternate years), and all Fellows are eligible to vote. Results are declared at the RANZCP Annual General Meeting. Board terms are in accordance with the College's Constitution.
Board meeting dates
The meeting dates for 2018 are:
- Saturday 10 February 2018 (Melbourne)
- Saturday 17 March 2018 (Perth)
- Sunday 13 May 2018 (Auckland)
- Saturday 16 June 2018 (Brisbane)
- Saturday 11 August 2018 (Darwin)
- Saturday 6 October 2018 (Hobart)
- Sunday 18 November 2018 (Sydney)